Spritz the oil onto your skin. You can use a mitt to apply the oil, but it also works well using your hand. You only need to use the tiniest amount as it is very concentrated. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards to avoid tanned palms! The oil has a very slight instant glow that will get deeper and develop over 3-7 hours. No need to rinse.
Just as with self-tanners preparation and maintenance is key to getting a great result from a Spray Tan.
We advise our Skinny Tan therapists to talk clients through the important do’s and don’ts, before they arrive for their appointment.
Here are our pointers!
Before arriving for a Spray tan:
- Do ensure, if you intend to shave, make sure this has happened a few hours before the spray or before the application of the tanning cream.
- Do not shower just before a spray tan or before applying cream tans. This may mean your pores are open and the tanners clog them. Ideally leave a few hours between showering and tanning.
- Do use an exfoliating scrub or loofa your skin a few hours prior to tanning. Pay particular attention to dry areas such as elbows, knees and backs of heels.
- Do not use oil based moisturisers on the day you intend to get tanned. The residue can make it difficult for the spray or cream to absorb into the body.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to attend the tanning salon or whilst you are waiting for cream based tans to develop. You do not want to rub the solution off before it has had the chance to develop.
- Allow as long as possible for the tan to develop before showering off the guide colour. Skinny Tan products cannot over develop so ideally leave them on over-night. If any guide colour comes off on your bedding, this is just make up and will come out in the washing machine.
- Have a light shower the following day and admire your natural tan. It is really important to keep the skin hydrated so drink lots of water and use lots of moisturiser to prolong your tan.
Your tan should fade with your natural skin cell turnover. Chlorine and salt water can speed up this process but your tan will not simply wash off in a pool. although the more you shower the quicker the tan is likely to fade. You can always apply it again to keep the tan topped up.
Yes, Skinny Tan will not provide protection from the sun. You are able to use sun tan protection with the tanner, although do not apply immediately before or after you have applied the tanner. Ideally apply tanner the evening before and allow tan to develop before going out in the sun with your sun protection on as normal.
Our tanner does not contain any animal products and it has not been tested on animals. It's even suitable for vegans
We do not have samples. However, you can try all products risk free with our 30-day money back guarantee. Any order can be returned to us (even if used) for a full refund, that’s how sure we are that you’ll love the products!
Yes! Within 30 days you can take advantage of our 30-day money back guarantee and send the order back to us at:
Skinny Tan Limited
c/o Synergy Retail Support
Crow Land Ind Estate
Please put your name and invoice number, in the package, so that we can identify your return and make the refund as soon as possible.
If the item was purchased through Superdrug here are the details for Superdrug returns.
Skinny Tan does experience high order volumes, so our advice is get in early when you see a new product for sale! We will always update the specific product page on the website when we know new stock is due in, so please always check the website.
Shipping costs £3.99 and your order will take 1-5 working days to arrive.
Tip No 4 - KNEES AND ELBOWS
Just as moisturising your whole body can block an even result so too can moisturiser be used to help prevent dry areas like elbows, knees and ankles from absorbing too much tan. Lightly brush moisturiser or Skinny Tan After Glow Gloss over these areas before tanning.More tips and advice