Spritz the oil onto your skin. You can use a mitt to apply the oil, but It also works well to use your hand. You only need to use the tiniest amount as it is very concentrated. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly afterwards to avoid unsightly tanned palms! The oil has a very slight instant glow that will get deeper and develop over 3-7 hours.
Check out our video on Facebook for more tips on applying the oil.
Most ordinary tanners work with a chemical form of DHA that has been found to dry and damage the skin and often smells unpleasant. Skinny Tan is one of the first self-tanners to use a natural tanning active derived from the seeds of the Brassica napus plant. This makes it a bio-organic form of DHA that works naturally with the amino acids in the skin to create the darkening reaction for a natural looking tan. Being a natural tanning active any unpleasant smell is significantly reduced and most people cannot detect it at all. It is also gentle and less drying on the skin than tanners using the chemical form of DHA.
Skinny Tan includes Guarana a caffeine derivative that is an important ingredient in the most popular firming and cellulite creams. It is Guarana’s high caffeine content that can help stimulate a process that can help visibly reduce the appearance of cellulite at the surface of the skin. Tanned cellulite also always looks better than white cellulite so by tanning with Skinny Tan you get the double benefit with one application. As we say at Skinny Tan if you can’t tone it - tan it!
Yes, all of our tanners are suitable to use on the face.
Just as with self-tanners preparation and maintenance is key to getting a great result from a Spray Tan.
We advise our Skinny Tan therapists to talk clients through the important do’s and don’ts before they arrive for their appointment.
Here are our pointers!
Before arriving for a Spray tan:
- Do ensure if you intend to shave, make sure this has happened a few hours before the spray or before the application of the tanning cream.
- Do not shower just before a spray tan or before applying cream tans. This may mean your pores are open and the tanners clog them. Ideally leave a few hours between showering and tanning.
- Do use an exfoliating scrub or loofa your skin a few hours prior to tanning. Pay particular attention to dry areas such as elbows, knees and backs of heels.
- Do not use oil based moisturisers on the day you intend to get tanned. The residue can make it difficult for the spray or cream to absorb into the body.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to attend the tanning salon or whilst you are waiting for cream based tans to develop. You do not want to rub the solution off before it has had the chance to develop.
- Allow as long as possible for the tan to develop before showering off the guide colour. Skinny Tan products cannot over develop so ideally leave them on over-night. If any guide colour comes off on your bedding, this is just make up and will come out in the washing machine.
- Have a light shower the following day and admire your natural tan. It is really important to keep the skin hydrated so drink lots of water and use lots of moisturiser to prolong your tan.
The tanner shouldn't come off due to the chlorine, although the more you shower the quicker the tan is likely to fade. You can always apply it again to keep the tan topped up.
Yes, Skinny Tan will not provide protection from the sun. You are able to use sun tan protection with the tanner, although do not apply immediately before or after you have applied the tanner. Ideally apply tanner the evening before and allow tan to develop before going out in the sun with your sun protection on as normal.
Our tanner does not contain any animal products and it has not been tested on animals. We are also a proud member of PETA.
The active ingredient in Skinny Tan is a natural form of dihydroxyacetone (DHA) derived from seeds. It is a type of sugar. It's non-toxic and works by interacting with the protein of the skin cells in the top, dead layer of skin.
Skinny Tan creams won't harm pregnant womens’ babies as when rubbed onto the skin the creams don’t go beyond the top cell layer. This means they aren’t absorbed into the body. As your skin renews itself, the Skinny Tan fades as the skins cells are shed.
However, if women use any fake tan spray or a spray-tanning booth, then they may inhale some of the vapours. There is no evidence to know how breathing in ANY fake tan spray will affect an unborn baby.
To be on the safe side during pregnancy, Skinny Tan would suggest using cream / oil / mousse based tanning only.
We do not have samples. However, you can try all products risk free with our 30 day Money back guarantee. Any order can be returned to us (even if used) for a full refund, that’s how sure we are that you’ll love the products!
You might be allergic to DHA, the active tanning agent used in most tanners. The DHA in Skinny Tan is naturally derived from seeds and as such can be gentler on the skin. Unfortunately, if you do get a reaction from DHA, you may still have a reaction from our naturally derived DHA . However, if you did wish to try the tanner and find that you do not get on well with it, you are most welcome to take advantage of our 30 day money back guarantee.
Yes! Within 30 days you can take advantage of our 30 day money back guarantee and send the order back to us at
c/o DPD Logistics
Please put your name and invoice number, in the package so that we can identify your return and make the refund (less shipping) as soon as possible.
If the tanner was purchased through Superdrug here are the details for Superdrug returns.
Skinny Tan does experience high order volumes so our advice is get in early when you see a new product for sale! We will always update the specific product page on the website when we know new stock is due in so please check the website.
Shipping costs £3.99 and will take up to 5 working days to arrive. Although it is usually quicker than this. Please note: Outlying areas, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and Scottish Highlands please allow a week for delivery.
Tip No 4 - Prolong your colour
To make sure your tan endures, you need to keep the skin hydrated. Drink lots of water and apply moisturisers.More tips and advice